Welcome to the Chorley branch
Contact our Chorley Team
Visit your Nearest Branch
Euxton Charnock- Rochard Coppull Buckshaw Eccleston Heskin Astley-Village Heath-Charnock Adlington Anderton Anglezarke Heapy Wheelton Brinscall Withnell Clayton-le-woods Whittle-Le-Woods
From 4-bedroom detached homes on Alexander Close to 6-bedroom bungalows on Wigan Road and everything inbetween, we understand that Chorley of all places cannot be generalised. That it’s choc full of houses, flats, bungalows and terraces that cater to all budgets. Using our vast knowledge of the local market. Our industry expertise and our dedication to providing all of our clients with a valuation that is fair, honest and reasonable, we thoroughly inspect your home, and give you a price that is representative of your individual property.
We’ll also offer advice on how to increase its market value. With quick fixes such as mending faulty taps and kitchen cabinets. To upgrades that give kitchens and bathrooms a whole new appeal.
Call us today for your free, no obligation property valuation.
At Miller Metcalfe, we put the ‘pro’ in promotion. Which covers everything from taking
professional photography. That emphasises the beauty and selling points of your home. To giving you access to a pool of interested buyers who won’t waste your time. This makes the process as lucrative as possible. What’s more, we’ll promote your property through both offline and online channels, giving it maximum reach and enhancing its potential. Along with providing these portals with a colour floor plan. A media tour and the always useful, ‘For Sale’ sign. we do our utmost to give you the upper hand in the sales negotiation.
Our range of conveyancing services include:
- The creation of draft contracts, purchase files, memorandum of sales and notifications of sales.
- The organisation of local searches, so that you’re fully aware of any proposed building works, developments and other forms of disruption.
- Help you to organise home surveys, and provide honest guidance should the property not be up to scratch.
- Go through any contracts with you in detail, so that you understand what you are agreeing to and signing.
We can provide our clients with a great range of financial services, such as:
- Life Insurance: Taking care of your loved ones should you pass away.
- Business Insurance: Covering everything from business loan protection, shareholder cover and key man cover, as well as public and employee liability.
- First Time Buyer: From deposits and contracts to mortgages and viewings, we can help first time buyers with all aspects of the property chain, offering guidance and support to reduce the likelihood of issues occuring.
- Critical Illness Protection: Pays out a tax-free lump sum should you be diagnosed with an illness or medical condition that impacts on the lives of you and your family.
- Income Protection: Pays you a regular monthly benefit should you be unable to work because of an accident or illness.
- Home Insurance: From dwelling coverage and flood insurance to theft, natural disasters and damage, we trust Strathon Park Financial to keep our clients covered.
Most people wouldn’t dream of selling their house, or buying their new home, through an auction, but that’s usually because they aren’t aware of its benefits. These include:
- Selling for 0% commission, with the purchaser paying the costs.
- A secure sale, as the buyer has to pay a reservation fee, ensuring they’re committed to their purchase.
- You can start and end the online auction at a time that suits you with fixed exchange and completion dates.
- You can set a minimum reserve price, meaning your flat, apartment, house or bungalow will never sell less than what you’re asking for it.
- You can bid through our online auction 24/7 from any device and any location, ensuring you won’t miss your chance to purchase that perfect property.
- All of our auctions come with a fixed timescale to exchange and complete, so you know your moving date right from the start.
- By paying a reservation fee, the seller has to stop all further promotional activity and cannot accept any further offers, protecting your investment.
Whether you’re buying or selling, we can offer a bespoke service that ensures you receive all the guidance you need for an effective result.
We always advise our clients to carry out surveys on any property they are considering purchasing, so that any mould, rot, cracks and structural damage are identified and dealt with by the seller. You shouldn’t be duped into buying a home that’s less than perfect, especially when this is likely the biggest and most important purchase of your life. A leading provider of surveys ourselves, we employ over 40 RICS Chartered Surveyors who will scour the whole of the house, take note of any issues and provide expert advice on what to do next. They may be minor problems such as fixing a faulty tap. They may so serious that we advise against purchase. Always putting your welfare first, our surveyors provide honest advice that you can always depend on.
First of all, Chorley has two main landmarks. Rivington Pike offers stunning views over Rivington Reservoir and the Moors. Astley Hall is a romantic looking Grade 1 listed historic house dating from 1578 housing a museum and art gallery and sitting in 43 hectares of gardens. Parkland and ancient woods. In the summer months, the park is the venue for several special events. Including art exhibitions and outdoor theatre performances.
What is Chorley Famous for?
As well as being home to Chorley FM (made famous by comedian Peter Kay in TV series ‘Phoenix Nights’) and neighbouring village Eccleston. Boasting Olympic cyclist Sir Bradley Wiggins as a resident. Chorley has one other important claim to fame – Chorley cakes!
Anyone moving to Chorley should take note that the Lancastrian culinary gem is not to be confused with the inferior Eccles Cakes. Chorley cakes consist of currants, sultanas and spices encased in delicious pastry with a dusting of sugar and were made for miners coming out of the pits. Likewise,these days we all get to enjoy them!
What Chorley has to off for Families
Above all, for families with children, Chorley offers a range of respected education establishments for all ages. Of note are Withnell Primary School. Balshaw Lane Community Primary School. Euxton CE Voluntary Aided Primary School. Euxton Primrose Primary School and Eccleston St Mary’s CE Primary School who all achieved ‘Outstanding’ ratings with Ofsted.
Uniting the communities around Chorley is a dynamic calendar of special events. Including the Chorley Grand Prix. Chorley Food Festival and Chorley Carnival. All offer entertainment for all ages and pull visitors in from across the region.
Sporting interests are catered for with several golf clubs, cricket clubs and of course Chorley Football Club, known as the Magpies due to their black and white kit. For those looking to maintain a healthy lifestyle, Chorley offers the David Lloyd fitness centre and sports and fitness facilities at the All Season Leisure Centre.
Chorley Train Station
As well as offering excellent access across the UK by car, Chorley has a main line rail station with regular services to Preston, Blackpool, Bolton and Manchester. As well as frequent services to Barrow in the Lake District and Manchester Airport for international travel.