April 1, 2020 1:56 pm
The perfect meal for all the family this Spring.
A simple chicken dish loved by all...
• 2 tbs olive oil
• Bunch of spring onions, sliced into small pieces
• 250g of frozen spinach
• 200g of frozen peas
• 6 pre-cooked chicken thighs
• 350ml hot chicken stock
• ½ tbsp wholegrain mustard
• 200ml half-fat crème fraiche
• ½ small bunch of tarragon leaves (finely chopped)
• Small bunch of parsley (finely chopped)
• 270g pack filo pastry
- Pre heat the oven to 200c/180c fan/gas 6. Heat the oil in a large, shallow casserole dish on a medium heat.
- Add the spring onions and fry for a few minutes, stir the frozen spinach and cook for a couple of minutes until the spinach begins to wilt.
- Remove the skin from the chicken thighs, shred the chicken off the bone and into the pan.
- Stir through the stock and mustard, bring to a simmer and cook uncovered for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in the peas, crème fraiche and herbs, then remove from the heat. Scrunch the filo pastry sheets over the mixture, brush with a little olive oil and bake for around 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
Serve & enjoy
Categorised in: Recipes
This post was written by millerwp