April 1, 2020 11:23 am
Decorating your home with an Easter tree has become a wonderful way to celebrate the Spring and Easter holidays, all whilst keeping the kids entertained, and updating your home with a trendy, colourful and festive showpiece.
Add a touch of meaning and magic to your home with a handmade DIY Easter egg tree.
What you need
- A Weighty Vase
- Vase Filler
- Lightweight Craft Eggs
- Sealed Chocolate Eggs
- Real Eggs
- Hot Glue Gun
- Take an empty vase, ensuring it’s sturdy, pop in a couple of branches, you can easily pick these from outside, give them a little dust off and they are good as new.
- Add sand, pebbles, rocks or any other vase filler to fill in the spaces between the branches. For the eggs; you can either choose to use lightweight craft eggs that you can purchase from any online craft store, chocolate eggs or even real eggs.
- Decorate the eggs using paints, felt tips and glitter, you can be as dramatic and daring as you like, or maybe you want to keep it simple? It’s entirely up to you!
- If you decide to use real eggs, carefully prick a hole in the top and bottom of each egg and blow the yolks out into a bowl. Gently give it a wash in warm water and let it thoroughly dry before decorating.
- To attach the eggs, simply create a loop with the ribbon and secure together with a hot glue gun. Attach a piece of thin ribbon to the bottom of each egg and secure with a hot glue gun.
- Once the glue has dried, drape the ribbon with the eggs attached around the branches until you’re satisfied with the outcome.
& you're done!
This post was written by millerwp