February 25, 2020 2:38 pm
In honour of #PancakeDay it is only fair to indulge in a stack of our heavenly lemon drizzle pancakes, inspired by one of the nations' favourite classic bakes, it's a crowd favourite!
Whether you're having pancakes for breakfast, lunch or as an after dinner treat, check out this delicious, easy to make recipe!
200g self-raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp golden caster sugar
½ tsp vanilla extract
1 lemon, zested
FOR THE TOPPINGS
100ml double cream
½ 2 tbsp icing sugar
100g lemon curd
1 lemon, pared zest, plus 1 tbsp juice
any other toppings of your choice
- Carefully whisk all of the pancake ingredients together in a large bowl until smooth.
- Put a small knob of butter in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-low heat and cook until melted and foaming.
- Pour (about) 2 tbsp of the mixture into the pan using the back of the spoon to shape into a round disc shape.
- Depending on the size of your pan you may be able to get 2 or 3 pancakes to cook at the same time. Cook for 2-3 mins on the first side, then flip over and cook for another 1 min on the other.
- Heat oven to its lowest setting. Stack the cooked pancakes on a baking tray and keep them warm in the oven while you cook the rest.
- Gently beat the double cream with the icing sugar using a whisk, then fold in half of the lemon curd. Mix the remaining curd with enough lemon juice to make it a drizzling consistency.
- To serve, stack the pancakes with layers of the whipped cream in between them, drizzle with lemon curd, and scatter with lemon zest to serve.
Recipe from bbcgoodfood.com
Categorised in: Recipes
This post was written by millerwp