April 1, 2020 11:00 am
Easy to prepare and economical. Also freezes really well so you can make a double batch and re heat when you need to.
Perfect for the oven or slow cooker, this Pork Casserole recipe is cooked in a Mediterranean style tomato sauce, for a healthy, comfort food dinner.
· 1.5 kg Pork Shoulder in Cubes
· 1 tbsp Ground Cumin
· 1 tbsp Ground Coriander
· 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
· 1 tbsp Olive Oil
· 3 cloves Garlic Peeled and Crushed
· 3 Leeks Sliced
· 800 g Tinned Chopped Tomatoes 2 Tins
· 300 ml Red Wine
· 50 g Tin of Anchovies Drained and Chopped
· Zest of 2 Lemons
· 90 g Black Olives Drained
· 25 g Fresh Oregano Leaves only, chopped
· Sea Salt and Black Pepper
Course Main Course
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 2 hours
Total Time 2 hours 10 minutes
Servings 6 Servings
Calories 490 kcal
1. Pre-heat your oven to 160C.
2. Put your pork cubes into a big freezer bag or bowl, with the cumin, coriander and cinnamon and toss well until they are evenly covered.
3. Heat a little oil in a oven-proof pan and brown the pork in batches. Don't over crowd the pan.
4. Add the garlic and leeks for a couple of minutes, add the pork back in, the tomatoes, wine, anchovies, the oregano and salt and pepper.
5. Put the lid on the pan and pop in the oven for about 2 hours. Stir occasionally, you want the pork to be meltingly soft and tender, and the sauce to be thick but not dry. If the sauce is drying out at any point, add a dash of water.
6. Serve topped with more fresh oregano if you fancy.
We've put together a bunch of helpful advice and tips to get you through this difficult time.
For more information, check out our other articles below...
Categorised in: Uncategorised
This post was written by millerwp